Frying Your Turkey? Safety Tips
Thanksgiving is all about family, food and togetherness. Keep it safe with some great tips from around the internet.You hear a lot these days about folks who fry their turkeys. It’s a new way to enjoy an old favorite. Just be sure, if you’re going to give this a go, you follow a few basic rules. Number one rule: use the fryer OUTDOORS away from any structures.
Here are some other tips:
- Never place the fryer close to combustibles, make sure the area is ventilated.
- Use the fryer away from the house and garage.
- DO NOT leave the fryer unattended.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and dry because oil and water do not mix.
- DO NOT overfill the fryer with oil.
- Place the turkey in the fryer slowly so the oil will not splash and start a fire.
- Keep children and pets away from the cooker.
- Have a fire extinguisher handy while you are cooking.
For those of us going the traditional route, HERE are some other great ideas for making your time together this holiday a safe and enjoyable time.
Have a great Thanksgiving!